hear me roar was a part of an unnamed post-abortion network that sought to hear, echo and understand complex abortion experiences and aid in the healing process. in naming this network hmr aimed to create a post-abortion community. it may also be considered a road map to healing.
the network consisted of the following entities and organizations:
- hear me roar project providing space; complex writing; and an in-person support group program post-abortion.
- exhale pro-voice offering an after abortion talk-line and live conversations about abortion.
- Kristen Portney @abortioncare, who is helping to de-stigmatize abortion and working as a therapist in Berkeley, CA.
secondary care provider resources:
- Radiant Moon Medicine offering non-judgmental womb healing care post-abortion. San Francisco, CA.
- Ashley Gilbert, LMFT specializing in sexual and reproductive trauma. Birmingham, AL.
- Samantha Zipporah, full-spectrum reproductive knowledge; Patreon community with resources and blog; and trainings for the caregiver community.